1. Global sectoral funds focus on companies belonging to a certain sector from countries all over the world like a mining fund.
2. Global thematic funds invest in companies belonging to a certain investment theme in countries across the globe like emerging markets funds.
3. Country funds invest in securities belonging only to one foreign country like a China fund.
4. Regional funds invest in companies from a specific geographical region anywhere in the world like Asian equity funds.
5. Global funds invest in companies from all around the world.
(Content on this page is courtesy Centre for Investment Education and Learning (CIEL). Contributions by Girija Gadre, Arti Bhargava and Labdhi Mehta.)