Gold declines as dollar strengthens and yield rose

COMEX gold futures

The price of COMEX gold futures is down 1.39% at $1,849.5 per troy ounce on mid-Monday trades.

Gold started the week on a bearish note, correcting sharply from its past five-week peak of $1,879. The inverse correlation between the yellow metal and the US treasury yields is back in play. The benchmark 10-year yields are trading at their highest level since 2018 on bets that the Fed will go for a 75bps rate hike to curb rampant inflation. Gold prices has been boosted by years of a recession and a drop in long-term yields.

The U.S. 10-year Treasury yields and the dollar soared recently, making gold more expensive for overseas buyers. The Fed’s June meeting outcome could be key for gold. Markets have priced 80% odds of a half-point increase and 20% odds of a 75-basis points hike.

On the technical side, the RSI of COMEX gold futures stood at 45.82 and is currently trading below all SMAs: MA (5), MA (20), and MA (50). SO, SELL position can be taken with the following target and stop-loss:

TRADE SIGNAL: COMEX GOLD FUTURES – SELL: 1835, TARGET: 1800, AND STOP-LOSS: 1860

About Author

Related posts

European stock markets

European Stocks Largely Higher; DAX Underperforms After Trade Deficit 

FTSE 100 is trading up 0.65% at 7196.67 European stock markets edged largely higher Monday, starting the new week on a positive note despite the Wall Street holiday limiting activity. By 03:40 AM ET (0740 GMT), the DAX in Germany traded 0.1% lower, while the CAC 40 in France...

Read More
copper

Copper set to end June with a 16-month low

The price of COMEX Copper futures is down 2.33% at 3.6925 per pound on mid-Thursday trades. Copper prices further declined on Thursday. This makes copper prices on track for the biggest quarterly percentage fall since March 2020. The potential of a recession occurring coupled with the decline in demand...

Read More

Leave a Reply