LunarCrush to Send Cryptocurrency Treasure to Moon – 03 April 2023
03 Apr 2023
Elon Musk Led SpaceX To Carry 62 Bitcoins to Moon This Year
- LunarCrush, a popular cryptocurrency company, has announced plans to send a “treasure” to the moon: the private key to a cryptocurrency wallet containing precisely 62 Bitcoins, currently valued at almost $1.7 million.
- The private key will be engraved on a spaceship and communicated during the launch of the SpaceX rocket in the autumn of 2023. The company guarantees the security of the wallet by stating that nobody, including its employees, will know the secret code.
- The treasure hunt is open to anyone who can add funds to the wallet, and the first person who successfully reaches the moon and finds the key can claim the Bitcoins.
- The project aims to inspire people to learn new things and broaden their perspectives. To raise money for the project, LunarCrush partnered with other businesses to offer an NFT collection.
- To ensure transparency in the process, the LunarCrush team plans to record the entire process of etching the private key onto the rover that will be affixed to the spaceship.
- After Lunar Outpost’s MAPP Rover has landed on the moon, the reward will be available to anyone on Earth who can devise and implement a plan to visit the moon’s surface. It is worth noting that SpaceX, the company launching the spaceship, is owned by Tesla CEO Elon Musk, who is an advocate of cryptocurrencies.